Skinny-Fat!

12 Jun
Women striving to be skinny at the cost of their health.

Women striving to be skinny at the cost of their health.

Walking on the beach today in beautiful Vancouver, I couldn’t help but notice the high number of “skinny-fat” girls. I give kudos to any woman who feels confidant to wear a bikini in public and feel great about themselves. The issue I have is with girls who strut their stuff thinking they are “all that” when clearly they are not. I am frustrated with women striving to be thin at the cost of their health. Why are women striving to be skinny-fat?

Skinny-fat:

Someone who looks thin and good in clothes but when their clothes come off, they are flabby and not toned by any means. Usually, a skinny-fat person eats junk food and doesn’t appear to put on weight. These careless eaters eat anything without giving thought to their internal health, commonly ending up with heart disease, diabetes, or other health related issues. The skinny-fat girl doesn’t have an ounce of muscle and is definitely not my idea of a great body.

There is a huge difference between being thin and being healthy and that is body composition.

Body composition:

Body composition is the measure of lean tissues to fat tissue. A healthy body is determined by the percentage of fat to lean muscle mass. Ideally, one would keep fat mass low and muscle mass high. Muscle weighs more than fat, so one who is looking for weight loss should not step on the scale for weight-loss reference if they are lifting weights. One should measureĀ  fat loss by the way their clothes fit and how they feel, not the irrelevant number on the scale!

So ladies, mind your health and start weight-training, forget the damn number on the scale and eat real food! With these simple tips you will look so much better and be so much healthier…not just someone who can fit into a size 2, yet have a flabby, unhealthy body.

12 Responses to “Skinny-Fat!”

1. Sarah June 13, 2009 at 3:16 am #

Hi I think this is a fantastic blog, keep up the good work…

2. fantasha June 13, 2009 at 7:25 am #

Thank you.

3. pump high heel shoes June 14, 2009 at 3:33 am #

YAA Adding this to my bookmarks. Thank You

4. fantasha June 14, 2009 at 5:24 pm #

Thanks, glad you like my blog entries. Keep coming back for more info and please leave your comments.

5. BigTomBB July 7, 2009 at 5:46 pm #

Do you think Michel Jackson killed himself?

6. kvm August 4, 2009 at 8:34 am #

I disagree when you say all skinny-fat girls are careless eaters who just eat junk-food and don’t appear to put on weight.

I am skinny-fat. At 5’6 110 pounds, I am still flabby looking…it has nothing to do with my lifestlye either….I eat very very healthy, and am active. I know my body is not great, and I am working on getting more toned…I will not wear a bikini until I get there.

I just don’t think its fair to say that skinny-fat girls are all careless eaters

7. fantasha August 4, 2009 at 11:18 am #

I am not saying all skinny-fat people are careless eaters. I am saying the ones that are better become more aware of the health issues that come from poor eating. I am glad you are making your health a top priority and wish you all the success in your health goals.

8. x-weighted October 20, 2009 at 4:28 pm #

Your blog is exactly what we are trying to promote, family and fitness. I want to congratulate you on your effort to lead by example and inform people there is a way to stay healthy. Keep up the great work!

9. project23 April 1, 2010 at 10:13 pm #

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. This is exactly what I am trying to fight. I want to be healthy, and not skinny fat but it is hard to explain to people why you are changing your life. “But your skinny”.. Aurgh.. I should just mass email everyone on my contact list this post.. lol..

10. fantasha April 6, 2010 at 4:31 pm #

I am so happy you enjoyed my post and got a lot out of it. I also really appreciate your feed back so stop by again soon:)

11. Eddy December 5, 2010 at 10:23 pm #

Hey I have to tell you, I really liked this blog and the ideas from all who takes time to chime in. I find it to be very intriguing and well written. Thanks once more for sharing this up.

12. Walter December 23, 2012 at 4:51 am #

If you desire to get much from this article then you have to apply such techniques to your won web site.